Calling All Chili Chefs!
Held on Friday, June 14th, the 2019 Rose Festival Chili Cook-Off features competitors from community businesses as well as individuals who have a ‘burning’ passion for a good chili!
If you or a business you work for would like to participate in this year’s competition, complete the 2019 Chili Cook-Off Entry Form.
Your finished entries will be judged and then made available for sampling on Friday night to the general public, so make your entry unique, interesting, and most of all DELICIOUS!
Mail the completed 2019 Chili Cook-Off Entry Form and $20 Fee to:
State Center Rose Festival
Attn: Chili Cook-Off
PO Box 398
State Center, IA 50247
For Questions Call: (641)751-6294
- Must make a minimum of two roasters of chili.
- Cooking can start @ 1:00 PM.
- Chili must be prepared on location. No ingredient may be pre-cooked in any way prior to the commencement of the cook-off. The only exceptions are canned or bottled tomatoes, tomato sauce, peppers, pepper sauce, beverages, broth and grinding and/or mixing of spices. Meat may be treated, pre-cut or ground. MEAT MAY NOT BE PRE-COOKED, in any manner. Prep of ingredients (chopping, slicing, measuring is allowed)
- Judging will start at 4:30 PM.
- Serving to the public will begin at 5:00 PM.
- A location along Main Street will be allocated for your tent or materials. Electric will be provided. Please bring your own outdoor extension cords.
- Winners will be determined by a combination of judges’ votes and public popularity.
Sample Supply List:
- Chili Ingredients
- Roasters (2) and Cords to plug in.
- Cleaning items (paper towels, wipes, cleaning spray, dish towel, small bucket, soap, garbage bags, grocery bags etc.)
- Utensils (ladles, spoons, knife, cutting board, can opener, scissors etc)
- Chairs, tables, coolers, canopy.
- Table coverings, decorations, banner.
- Water, beverages, ice, koozies.
- Serving needs – additions if you like oyster crackers, cheese, corn chips, etc. and a bowl to put them in)
Cups & spoons for tasting will be provided.